Prof. Marco Alderighi
The Head of Department is elected with a three year renewable mandate by all of the Department’s tenured professors and researchers.
The Head of Department:
- convenes and presides over the Board of Department and the Departmental Committee;
- executes decisions made by the Board of Department and Departmental Committee;
- accounts for the administration and finances of the Department;
- is a de jure member of the University Senate for the duration of the mandate;
- adopts the relevant measures of the Board of Department and the Departmental Committee in case of urgent need;
- can delegate specific competences and assignments to the Deputy Head of Department;
- sends the annual report on research results prepared by the Board of Department to the Evaluation Centre, University Senate and University Council;
- names the Course Co-ordinators from the Course Committees;
- names the members of the joint Teaching Panel;
- names the representatives of the untenured professors;
- performs all the other duties as stated in the University regulations.